Inside SWT

Tuesday, October 04, 2011

Flogging my FrankenMac

I'm running a FrankenMac. It's a MacBook Pro with Windows 7 and Linux as guest operating systems.

For my talk yesterday, I was showing Fx running as an Eclipse plugin on Windows and Mac. I grabbed a few standard Fx examples, modified them slightly and dropped them in. Here is the ColorfulCircle example running in Eclipse:



For the demo, I had a total 4 Eclipses (two Windows, two Mac) and 6 Fx embeddings, each doing some sort of animation on my machine. The source Eclipses were full development environments with the source of Fx loaded into them. For extra fear, the Mac Eclipses were running JDK7. There were a few browsers running too on both operating systems and the slide software.

You might think that it would lurch, but it didn't. Incredible.

Steve

7 Comments:

  • How much RAM do you have? How much RAM do you allocate to each VM?

    By Blogger Duncan, at 7:14 PM  

  • I have 8 meg and 4 CPU's. I gave 2 CPU's to each and 3 Meg to Windows. Windows also has a ton of disk space for swapping.

    By Blogger Steve, at 8:00 PM  

  • Glad the macosx-port is holding up under your flogging. :-)

    By Blogger Mike, at 11:31 PM  

  • Are you going to publish the code you used to integrate javafx in Eclipse?

    By Blogger Tom, at 1:43 AM  

  • Yes, I would like to.

    By Blogger Steve, at 10:52 AM  

  • 8 whole meg of memory??? Wow. No room for code bloat there!!

    By Blogger Patrick Mueller, at 2:00 PM  

  • Gig, gig, gig!!

    By Blogger Steve, at 6:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home